This was such a delicious snack and you know what Konda was insisting she does it. Yeah, Athamma and she happened to come across this recipe and ever since then, she has been after Athamma to make these for her. Finally, after a long time, they managed to get doing these.
Konda wanted to mix and deep fry these herself. As I have said, I get scared of letting her near the stove. But she was asking for it for so long, that I thought she will take care of standing at a safe position. When we have the Kadai ready with oil, she stood few yards away and stretched out to drop the channa into the oil. And asked if the distance was fine. Anyway, finally, everything was fried.
But before that Peddu and Chinnu saw these and they also wanted it. So after an episode of trying to keep them away, these got done.
They make excellent evening snacks for Kids and since its protein rich, you shouldn’t bother about deep frying!
Channa 65 ~ Chole 65
- 1 cup – Channa / Chickpea
- 1/2 tsp – Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 pods – Garlic
- 3/4 tsp – Chili Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp – Maida / All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp – Besan / Gram Flour
- 1 tsp – Rice Flour
- 1/2 tsp – Garam Masala
- A pinch of Ajinomoto
- Cooking Oil for frying
Method to prepare:
- Pressure cook Channa till its cooked. But ensure it is not soggy. Drain and take them in a bowl.
- Mix all the other ingredients to the channa. Make sure you loosen the outer skin of garlic, less it might burst when you drop it in hot oil.
- Heat a kadai with cooking oil. Once it is hot, gently drop the masala channa into he hot oil and cook in sim, till its done.
- Drain them to a kitchen towel.