The best part was seeing Peddu and Chinnu enjoying this. They don’t eat Indian Sweets and since this was chocolate, they didn’t even say no. It was all thumbs up for the dish!
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 29
Chocolate Kalakand Recipe
- Homemade Paneer made from 3 litres milk
- 1 cup Milk Powder
- 2 -3 cups Sugar
- 200 gms Condensed Milk
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- A Pinch Cardamom Powder
- Pistachio handful
- 1 tsp Clarified Butter
Method to prepare
- Check out my normal way of making Kalakand in Microwave.
- However, since I had paneer that already had the sugar mixed in, I add milk powder, condensed milk, cocoa powder and made.
- In a microwave safe bowl, take paneer, milk power, cardamom powder, mix. Finally add half tin of condensed milk. Micro for 4 mins and 30 secs.
- Remove and add the cocoa powder, 1 tbsp of ghee. Mix well and put it back. Micro for 1 min more.
- Remove and pour over a greased pan. Sprinkle finely slivered pistas. Let it cool down completely before cutting into small pieces.
- It takes about 30 -40 mins to cool down to be cut into pieces.
- I have listed the steps as I normally make the kalakand in microwave. However, in this recipe, I had cooked paneer and sugar together for 5 - 7 mins. So, the process was even more simplified and I adjusted the sweetness based on the sugar content as found.
- If you are in a hurry to eat off, you don’t have to wait for it to cool down. I know the hot kalakand will be very delicious, similar to our palkova.
- I had cooked it a bit more to make sure the shape sets in. I used a greased square pan to set the kalakand.
- I set it overnight or rather 5 hours or so.