The other day I was chatting with my old friend, who now lives in the UK. As he is living on his own, I was very interested to know what he eats. I was really impressed when he said he is cooking for himself and not the simple ones, mind you! He said he makes Sambar, Mutton curry, Biryani, and a lot more.
He even sets his own curds for curd rice. He said living in a different country on his own, he finds ample time to spend on cooking when eating out, every day is not a good option. I was totally taken in and even invited him to do a guest post for Bachelor's corner, which he said he will.
So when bachelors are able to cook up such elaborate dishes, this simple and healthy sprout moong dal pulao, would be a chore! All you need is to get the moongs sprout and if they are available ready-made, you can just include them in the rice and get a pulao for yourself. This one-pot meal is very simple and gets done fast. I strongly recommend this, when you are in a hurry to fix a quick dinner but still want it to be healthy! Check out How to Sprout, for the sprouting process!
Check out How to Sprout, for the sprouting process!
Sprouted Moong Dal Pulao
- 1/2 cup Moong Sprouts
- 1 cup Rice
- 1 medium Onions
- 3 Green Chillies
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 small Garlic Pods
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 Cloves
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Wash and soak rice for 10 mins.
- Heat a cooker, sauté chopped Garlic, clove, cinnamon, cumin seeds. Fry for a min, then sauté onions till they are brown Then add the ginger garlic paste, green chilies and sauté well.
- Wash the sprouts and add to the pan, fry in sim for 2 mins, add the drained rice. Mix.everything well. Add 3 cups of water, salt, and cover and cook for 3 whistles.
- This takes about 15 – 20 mins to get done. Serve with Buttermilk raitha.