Mini Chocolate Nankhatais are kids favorite ones and they usually disappear very quickly. When I was baking the regular Nankhatais, because I told my boys that they ought to try out new dishes, at least in baked snacks, they decided they can. They loved the Nankhatais and wanted to snack on them. I decided I could make some chocolate version by adding in some cocoa. I also wanted to use icing sugar and see how different it might be.
I don’t remember reading my store bought icing sugar package, however, some brands have cornflour added. I am not sure what made the difference, but these chocolate nankhatais were, even more, melt in the mouth types than the regular ones. Yes, I made these in mini sizes as we were visiting our families and wanted everybody to taste. Kindly ignore the pictures as these were clicked just before leaving and I practically had no time.
Step by Step pictures for baking Mini Chocolate Nankhatai
Mini Chocolate Nankhatai
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour / Maida
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Icing Sugar
- 1 cup Ghee
- 1/2 cup Besan / Gram Flour
- 1/3 cup Semolina / Rava
- 3 tbsp Cocoa powder
- Pulse the Rava and sugar couple of times to get a finer powder.
- Sieve the icing sugar and keep it aside.
- In a wide bowl, take the flour, add besan, the powdered mix, icing sugar and cocoa powder. Slowly add the melted ghee.
- Mix it together to bind the flours and keep adding till you get a firm balls.
- You should take care to mix quickly as ghee will solidify fast.
- Pinch out small tiny balls, flatten on a lined baking tray.
- Preheat the oven at 185 C and bake for 10 to 12 mins.
- Allow cooling on a rack before storing in an airtight box.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM