Romanian Placinta | How to make Romanian Potato Stuffed Flatbread
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- Salted Butter for cooking
For the Filling
- 1 Large Potato
- Salted Butter
How to make Romanian Placinta
Prepare the Filling
- Microwave the potato for 6 mins. Soak in water and peel. Mash when it is still hot with salted butter. Keep it aside.
Preparing the Dough
- Take flour, salt and baking soda in a large bowl. Whisk well to combine. Mix buttermilk and water together.
- Now, slowly add the liquid to the flour mix and start kneading. The dough will be pretty messy to start with.
- Knead on the dough till it becomes pliable and easy to handle. Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Flour the work surface generously, divide the dough into 5 portions. Take a portion of dough and roll it out into a circle of 5 - 6 inches.
- Keep 2 tbsp of stuffing in the center of the rolled dough. Bring the edges together and close and roll it again to form a circle. Be gentle while rolling, ensuring the stuffing doesn't come out.
- Heat a nonstick pan, grease with butter, place the stuffed placinta on the hot pan, and cook for a minute or until the sides are brown. Flip and cook the other side until brown.
- Serve hot with cream cheese or as I did with garlic mayo.