Under Fruits that are Vegetables, I have a chocolate brownie made with Zucchini. Zucchini has become common offlate and I keep postponing to buy it. It's quite expensive and the fact that I may not use it completely kept me away. When I decided on this theme, I had got some capsicum as well. However, I decided I will use some new vegetables in a new avatar.
So asked amma to get some zucchini and those two are quite huge and long. I only used half of one and I still have 1.5 lying in the fridge. Somehow this week got delayed beyond control and the dishes were something I couldn't cook as I did with Bihar dishes. I finally decided that Microwave would be the best option given the time shortage on hand.
Since it was double chocolate I was hoping my boys won't know. Just as I thought, after baking, the zucchini is not even visible. Konda was with me when I baking it, she went on saying sugar and cocoa is less. I told her that it intensifies after baking, though sugar can't be managed. I added some chocolate chips quite liberally and the result was dark, intense chocolaty taste.
Will surely be making this again when I get the zucchini again.
Microwave Double Chocolate Zucchini Brownies
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 cup Sugar Can increase to 1 cup
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened Apple Puree blended with 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp Melted Unsalted Butter
- 2 to 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Shredded Zucchini
- 1/2 cup Dark and Regular Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Regular Chocolate Chips for topping
How to make the Muffins
- In a bowl, fluff the flour along with baking soda, sugar, cocoa powder.
- Add in the melted butter, apple puree, chocolate chips, mix gently.
- Next, add the grated zucchini and mix. In the beginning, you will feel that liquid is not enough. However, once you combine everything the batter will be loose.
- Grease a muffin tray and fill to half. Microwave for a minute and again for 30 secs.
- Let it sit for another 2 to 3 mins before removing.