Rava Paniyaram is an instant breakfast dish you can make with Rava or Sooji in the Paniyaram Pan. This instant rave appe is very easy to make and is versatile.
You only need about 10 minutes to cook this Rava Paniyaram. Serve this with coconut chutney for a delicious combination. Sooji Appe, Rava Appey are some of the other names for this breakfast dish. You can make it healthy by including vegetables in it.
Resting time is only the time you need to heat up the appe pan. This batter is almost the same as the Rava dosa, except this batter is made a little thicker and we can add cooking soda to it. However, the batter gets better if you rest it for even 10 mins.
This recipe measurement gave me 21 medium numbers. This recipe for the R in the AtoZ Indian Breakfast dishes.
If you are looking for some breakfast dishes to make with millets, then this Kuthiraivali Dosai, Kodo Millet Paniyaram, Kuthiraivali Paniyaram, Masala Ponganalu, Chettinad Kuzhi Paniyaram, or this Samai Idli will be great!
PIN This for Later!
Step By Step Pictures for making Rava Paniyaram
Ingredients Used to make this Rava Paniyaram
Rava is the main ingredient in this paniyaram. Curds are used to make the batter and so naturally when we let this sit for a while, the semolina absorbs all the moisture and becomes very thick. So if you let it set, make sure you add water to get the consistency right.
Sour Curds surely help, however, my curds are never sour. So you can spice the batter up with more chilies.
Rava Paniyaram ~ A to Z Indian Breakfast Dishes
- 1 cup Semolina / Rava
- 1/2 cup Curds
- 1/2 cup Onions finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrot grated
- 3 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- Handful Curry Leaves
- 3 nos Green Chili
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Cooking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Chana Dal
- 5 Cashewnuts broken
- Salt to taste
- Cooking Oil for cooking
- Take the rava in a bowl along with curds and mix well.
- Add all the chopped vegetables along with salt and combine.
- Slowly add water as required to make a well combined batter.
- Heat the paniyaram pan and drizzle cooking oil.
- Pour a small ladleful of batter into each hole and drizzle oil again on top.
- Cover with lid.
- Cook on low flame for 5 mins, then gently flip to the other side and cook for another 2 mins.
- Remove when the paniyaram is cooked.
- Continue the same way with the rest of the batter.