Ok I decided I will take the easy way out today with few other things coming my way. Meaning the post that I wanted to do today is not yet ready and instead, I thought I will share this quick meal, rather a tiffin if you consider for an adult. But this I sent to my daughter's lunch. So I take the liberty to tag it like 30 min meal too.
Anyway, this recipe is really one of those dishes that gets done in flat 10 minutes. Works out best when you want to clean up your fridge or have something for a quick bite. I am used to making the regular Poha with the thick variety of Poha where one needs to soak and cook the poha. This one needs to be added as such. Add whatever vegetable you have on hand to increase the nutrition value.
Serves : 2
1 cup Flat Poha / Thin Poha / Atukulu
1 cup Finely chopped vegetables like Carrot, Capsicum, Beans
Handful of Fresh Green Peas
Onions a quarter of a medium
2 Green Chilies
Handful of Roasted Peanut
1 -2 tsp Oil
Salt to taste
Method to Prepare:
- Heat a non stick pan with oil and sauté onions well along with green chilies and roasted peanuts.
- Add finely chopped vegetables, salt and cover with a lid for 5 mins. Remove the lid and sauté again.
- When the vegetables are almost done, remove from heat, add the beaten rice and mix well.
- Since the beaten rice is very thin, it need not be cooked or soaked.
- When you are using the thinner type, you got to ensure you don't cook it. It gets soft with the heat that is already there in the cooked vegetables.
- Add your vegetable of choice. This really one of those dishes that can be adapted to our liking.
- Roasted Peanut gives such a wonderful crunchy taste to the entire dish.