Cauliflower Chilli Pakoda is yet another way of making pakoda that is everybody’s favorite.
In today’s version, I have marinated cauliflower florets with spices and corn flour and added besan just before frying to give that crispy and different texture to the fried cauliflower.
I am celebrating 10 years of blogging at Spice your Life! This blog was a conscious effort to start a new space for the different thoughts I then had in mind. A year later, I started the Kids Delight Event, to showcase Kid Approved dishes for the different occasion.
Every year the September month is spent celebrating both the blog’s anniversary and the event’s anniversary. Our lives are coloured and ruled by our kids. So what other best way to enjoy!
Do join me in this celebration with a crispy cauliflower pakoda. As traditions are followed, every year I try to create a menu. So for starters, these cauliflower pakodas join the Kid’s Delight Anniversary Party
Cauliflower Chilli Pakoda
For the Marination
- 2 cups Cauliflower Florets
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup Corn Flour
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- A Pinch Turmeric Powder
- 1 cup Besan / Gram Flour
- Handful Curry Leaves
- 3 to 4 Green Chillies
- Pepper powder to Taste
- Cooking Oil for deep frying
How to make Cauliflower Chilli Pakoda
- Clean and wash the cauliflower.
- Cut into small sized florets. Blanch it in salted hot water.
- Keep it covered for 15 mins and then drain it.
- Transfer to a bowl, add corn flour and all the other ingredients.
- Mix well and marinate for 30 mins in fridge.
- Just before making the pakoda, add the besan and mix well.
- Sprinkle water if needed. This has to be almost dry coated.
- Heat oil in a kadai and when hot, gently drop in the cauliflower.
- Turn and cook the cauliflower on all sides.
- Drain to a kitchen towel. Continue frying in batches.
- Then deep fry the curry leaves and chilies.
- Transfer to the fried pakodas.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and toss for even coating.