I know you must be wondering if I had forgotten my theme for the week! Well for a moment I thought that myself too and rather realized that I am being very ambitious to imagine I will be making the other complicated chocolate dishes for the theme down 2 weeks later.
Anyway as it sometimes happens, I couldn’t get around making the dishes I wanted to do. The result was I had the curds for the shrikhand ready and realised making a chocolate fusion with it would be the best option. As expected boys didn’t like it much, they only tasted it. Konda liked it, however she said she would prefer it to be more chocolaty. Well what can you expect, when you offer something chocolate, they want it all the way. I felt it was more than perfect, maybe some more sweeter. Well that’s fine in the end as the chocolate dominated and we were happy lot.
Today’s is the final post for the first week. I am hoping I will manage to cook all the rest of them on time.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 29
For the Chocolate Sauce
- 2 bars Dark Chocolate
- 1 tsp Cocoa Powder
- Sugar as required
- 2 tsp Cream
- 1 tsp Butter
- Chocolate Chip for garnish
How to make Chocolate Shrikhand
- Make Shrikhand as done in this post.
- Once the shrikhand is ready, chill it till mixing.
- For the sauce, melt the dark chocolate, add cocoa powder, add sugar, butter and blend everything well.
- Finally, add the cream and temper it well, until everything sets properly.
- Allow it to cool.
- Slowly mix this to the hung curds. Transfer and chill again.
- Garnish with chocolate chip before serving.