Dark Chocolate Truffle can be either prepared with just melted dark chocolate or stuffed with fillings as I have done here. I have used white chocolate compound tempered with cream and butter.
These were such addictive treats for the boys and it disappeared very quickly as I expected. So I had to request them to hold on till I clicked some pictures. They even stood and suggested I click pictures like how I have done. So you know if it's a chocolate dish, the presentation ideas comes from the boys these days.
Truffles are one of my favorites. I still remember those days when we used to enjoy these truffles when somebody visits us from USA or Europe. I have always found the Swiss Truffles to be so interesting. While making basic truffle is simple and easy, making all those combinations must surely take lot of time. This reminds me that I am yet to make those truffles that we got to see when we attended the workshop that Vaishali conducted for us during our BM#25 Anniversary Meet.
So I am reminding myself that I should make those soon. Until then you enjoy these.
Dark Chocolate Truffle
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Compound
- 1 tbsp Butter unsalted
- 2 tbsp Cream
- 1/2 cup White Chocolate Compound
- Chop and melt the dark chocolate compound. In the molds you are using, fill so that it coats the sides and bottom. Then, turn it around so that excess liquid comes out.
- Refrigerate till it sets.
- Melt the chopped white chocolate with butter and cream and whisk well.
- Now, add this melted chocolate into the molds, refrigerate again till it sets.
- Finally, cover on top and set it back.
- I used a silicon mold and it was easy to remove the truffles.