To the liquid add 3/4 cup flour, 3/4 cup cola and gently blend in to mix well.
Then add the remaining quantity and combine. do not over beat.
Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake with Condensed Milk and Cola ~ Egg Substitutes in Baking
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 200 gm or 1/2 tin Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Aerated Cola
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
How to make Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake
- Keep the butter at room temperature till it softens a bit, but still hard enough to hold shape and get blended. Using a beater, beat the butter and then add condensed milk. Again beat till you get a creamy mix.
- Sift the flour with baking powder, baking soda and keep it aside.
- To the liquid add 3/4 cup flour, 3/4 cup cola and gently blend in to mix well.
- Then, add the remaining quantity and combine. Do not over beat.
- Pre-heat oven at 170 C.
- Grease and dust a 8" square baking tray. Ensure the extra flour is removed.
- Pour the batter into the tray. The consistency is dropping state, gently pat it down using the spatula or pat it down.
- Bake the cake for 30 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Invert on to the wire rack and allow it to cool completely before slicing.