Haridwar ki Aloo Jhol is a simple aloo jhol recipe without onion and garlic. This is a thin gravy you can serve with kachoris and other chaat dishes as well.
I had a tough time picking up a specific theme while making my Thali Theme. I had decided to do a theme on Regional Breakfast Thalis and a Haridwar Street Food Thali as well. So there was a clash with the recipes I decided to make.
I decided to make this Aloo Tamatar Ka Jhol at the last moment to make up for theY
I served this aloo Tamatar Ka Jhol with Haridwar wali kachori. Since this gravy is very simple to make, I was able to quickly make it while planning other dishes as well.
This easy side dish for rotis and parathas is part of the A to Z Side Dishes that I am doing. I am doing G, H and I this month.
More Potato Gravy you can try!
PIN This for Later!
Step By Step Pictures to make Haridwar ki Aloo Jhol
Haridwar ki Aloo Jhol | How to make Aloo Tamatar Ka Jhol
- 250 gms Potato boiled and cubed
- 2 tsp Cooking Oil
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek Seeds / Methi Seeds
- 1.5 cup Tomato Puree
- Salt to Taste
- A Pinch Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- Water as required
- Peel and pressure cook potatoes till tender, cube and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan with oil, temper with bay leaf, cumin seeds, methi, and saute well.
- Now add the tomato puree, turmeric powder, salt. Simmer till the tomato puree is well cooked.
- Now add the chili powder, coriander powder and combine well.
- Cook for 5 mins, add boiled potatoes. Simmer for 5 mins.
- Add water as required and bring to a boil. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Kachoris.