Mangalore Buns Recipe | Banana Pooris
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour Maida, extra for dusting during rolling
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Banana Ripen and pureed
- 3 tbsp Curds /Yogurt
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- A pinch Cooking Soda
- 2 tsp Cooking Oil
- Salt to taste
- Cooking Oil for deep fry
- Make a puree of the banana with sugar.
- Take the flour in a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup aside, add salt, cooking soda and cumin seeds.
- Now add the curds, and banana puree to the flour and mix everything until well mixed.
- The dough will be sticky, add the 1/4 cup flour and knead till the dough is well done.
- Grease your hands with oil and ferment it aside for 4 -5 hrs.
- When it's time to roll out and deep fry, heat a kadhai with oil
- Pinch out small balls, dust with flour and roll out into 3 " diameter thick.
- When the oil is hot, but not smoking hot, gently slide in and cook the pooris on both sides.
- Fry on both sides until brown. Gently press on top sot hat it puffs up.
- Remove with a slotted spatula and drain on a kitchen towel.
- Serve it with Sambar and Coconut Chutney.