Oats Instant Onion Dosa is made with roasted oats flour with Rava and rice flour. There is no need to ferment this dosa so it's very quick and easy to make.
For the next alphabet O, I made Oats Instant Dosa spiced with green chilies and onions. This is a no ferment dosa so you can make this when you want something quick to make for breakfast.
The other O dish was Olaiappam which is Sweet idli and couldn't find any other dish with O that I could make. Since this is such an easy one to make, I just made it for our breakfast during the weekdays.
This is the last dish in the A to Z Indian Breakfast dishes this month.
PIN this for Later!
Step By Step Pictures for making Oats Instant Onion Dosa
Ingredients Used to make this Dosa
Dry roast the Oats and make it to a powder. I used chiroti rava, even then I added it to the oats to powder it.
Rice flour is added to make this crispy however, this dosa tends to be a little soft.
Oats Instant Dosa
- 3/4 cup Oats
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup Semonia / Rava
- 1/2 cup Curds
- Water as required to make a smooth thin batter
- 1/2 cup Onion finely chopped
- 2 nos Green Chili finely chopped
- 1 tsp Peppercorns coarsely ground
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- Handful Cashewnuts
- Handful Curry leaves chopped
- Handful Coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- Cooking Oil to roast dosas
- Heat a nonstick pan and dry roast the oats till it turns colour.
- Transfer to a plate and allow it to cool down.
- Take the oats in a mixer jar along with Rava and pulse to a powder.
- In a wide bowl, take the powder along with rice flour.
- Add pepper powder and then all the chopped onions, green chilies, coriander leaves, and curry leaves.
- Now add the curds and mix well. Slowly add water to blend to a thin batter.
- Heat a nonstick tawa and sprinkle the batter and quickly spread to form a circle like you do with regular dosa.
- Cook on low heat till the dosa gets cooked well.
- Flip on the other side and cook for few more minutes.
- Continue with the rest of the batter.
- Serve it hot with Coconut Chutney
This was part of the A to Z Indian Breakfast series I did, do check for the entire roundup of A to Z Indian Breakfast dishes.
If you are looking for different options for Indian Breakfast like pooris and feel adventurous about making it in alphabets, check out the entire collection of A to Z Indian Pooris.
I have another instant spicy vegetable Oats dosa you can try!