Pan Grilled Paneer Skewers are easy to make paneer starters that you can make in a pan. These make a great snack anytime.
When it comes to starters, Paneer can't be far away! Be it a Kids Party or for all, Paneer has to feature and what I have today is a delicious Skewer Paneer, grilled on the pan for easy preparation.
You can grill it on your regular grill or on the pan, the spices make sure it's very tasty either way. This has to be the shortest intro ever in my history! This dish was also the quickest one to disappear. So that takes care of the short intro I guess!
However, when I have some time on hand, I go further and marinate with extra spices and curds and simply grill it on a nonstick pan. Or further, skew it on skewers and grill it on a grill pan or directly on a stove flame.
The charred smoke effect that comes when you cook this paneer directly over the flame makes it so delicious. This Tawa Paneer Tikka is one of our favorites.
I have made Shahi Paneer Tikka, which is so sinful. Some of the other paneer skewers that you can make are quite a list, trust me! I have Grilled Paneer Tikka, Tandoori Paneer Tikka on Stove Top, Microwave Paneer Tikka, Paneer Tikka Ver 2, Instant Paneer Tikka, Hariyali Paneer Tikka Sandwich
Paneer Skewers | Pan Grilled Paneer
- 2 cups Paneer / Indian cottage cheese, firm ones
- Salt to taste
- A pinch Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 tsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Besan / Gram Flour
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 - 3 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- Coriander Leaves handful
- Chaat Masala as required
- 10 nos Wooden Skewers
How to make Paneer Skewers | Pan Grilled Paneer
- Cut the paneer into 2 inch square pieces. Sprinkle salt, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste. Keep aside for half an hour.
- In a nonstick pan, heat cooking oil and roast the besan. Cook on very low heat until besan lightly browns.
- Remove from fire, let cool.
- Then, add lemon, salt, chilly flakes, black pepper to the besan. Sprinkle some water to make a paste. Make sure the batter is a thick. Marinate paneer in this marinade, and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat pan and drizzle cooking oil, cook paneer on all sides until it browns. Sprinkle chaat masala, chopped coriander and serve hot.
- Else, if you want to have that typical grill effect, you can arrange on the skewers, grill over the flame and while you are grilling, drop little cooking oil over it and serve.
Ideas on more Vegetarian Appetizers / Snacks / Starters
For more recipes with Paneer, check this collection of Paneer Recipes