When it comes to starters, Paneer can't be far away! Be it a Kids Party or for all, Paneer has to feature and what I have today is a delicious Skewer Paneer, more grilled on the pan for easy preparation.
You can grill it on your regular grill or on the pan, the spices make sure it's very tasty either ways. This has to be the shortest intro ever in my history! This dish was also the quickest one to disappear. So that takes care of the short intro I guess!
Paneer Skewers | Pan Grilled Paneer
- 2 cups Paneer / Indian cottage cheese, firm ones
- Salt to taste
- A pinch Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 tsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Besan /Gram flour
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 to 3 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- Coriander Leaves handful
- Chaat Masala as required
- 10 nos Wooden Skewers
- Cut the paneer into 2 inch square pieces. Sprinkle salt, turmeric, ginger garlic paste. Keep aside for half an hour.
- In a nonstick pan, heat oil and roast the besan. Cook on very low heat until besan lightly browns.
- Remove from fire, let cool.
- Then add lemon, salt, chilly flakes, black pepper to the besan. Sprinkle some water to make a paste. Make sure the batter is a thick. Marinate paneer in this marinade, and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat pan and drizzle oil, cook paneer on all sides until it browns. Sprinkle chaat masala, chopped coriander and serve hot.
- Else if you want to have that typical grill effect, you can arrange on the skewers, grill over the flame and while you are grilling, drop little oil over it and serve.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM.