Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 68
Scottish Tattie Fritters
- 2 large Potatoes sliced as thin circles
For the Batter
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour / Maida
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Sparkling Water (1/2 to 1 cup approx.)
- Pepper Powder as per taste (I added this, not included in the original recipe)
How to make Tattie Fritters
- First peel and slice the potatoes into 1/2 inch slices and soak in water.
For the batter
- Take the flour, salt, pepper, baking powder in a bowl and slowly add the sparkling water. The whole mixture will bubble up.
- Slowly using a spoon, whisk the entire mixture till you get a thick batter. Adjust the seasoning.
- Heat the kadai with cooking oil. Dip the sliced potato in the batter and gently drop into the hot oil.
- Cook on both sides till it turns to golden. Drain on a kitchen towel.
- Serve with ketchup.