Simla Mirch Aloo Gobi Sabzi is a simple and easy to make the side dish for roti. With the winter setting, we get fresh cauliflower and capsicums. I know these days all the vegetables are available through the season. However, I have always associated cauliflower with winter.
We have carts that sell huge fresh cauliflowers and every time I see that I plan on making new dishes. This year when I got a big flower, I had all the capsicum on hand and ended up making this simple delicious sabzi for chapatis.
This is part of the BM#71 Seasonal special day 1 and I hope you enjoy!
Step by Step Pictures for making the side dish Simla Mirch Aloo Gobi Sabzi
Simla Mirch Aloo Gobi Sabzi
- 2 cups Capsicum mix of all colours
- 2 cups Cauliflower Florets
- 2 large Potato
- 1 cup Onions julinnies
- 1 cup Tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1.5 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 3/4 tsp Cumin Powder
- Salt to taste
- A pinch Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 3/4 tsp Kitchen King Masala
- Coriander leaves
- 2 tsp Cooking Oil
- Chop all vegetables and keep it aside.
- Clean the cauliflower and MW for 5 mins with a pinch of salt and turmeric powder.
- Heat a nonstick pan with oil, add the bay leaf and cumin seeds, saute, then add onions julinnes and saute for couple of minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste and stir till everything is combined.
- Now add the pototes and simmer. Next add the tomatoes, chopped capsicums. Add salt and turmeric powder
- Remove lid and add the drained cauliflower.
- Add all the spice powders and cover with lid to cook for 5 mins.
- Continue stirring and cooking for 10 more mins, finally garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- If you want you can add 1/2 cup water, else let the vegetables cook on steam.
- Serve with chapatis.