Simla Mirch Aloo Gobi Sabzi is a simple and easy to make the side dish for roti. With the winter setting, we get fresh cauliflower and capsicums. I know these days all the vegetables are available through the season. However, I have always associated cauliflower with winter.
We have carts that sell huge fresh cauliflowers and every time I see that I plan on making new dishes. This year when I got a big flower, I had all the capsicum on hand and ended up making this simple delicious sabzi for chapatis.
This is part of the BM#71 Seasonal special day 1 and I hope you enjoy!
Step by Step Pictures for making the side dish Simla Mirch Aloo Gobi Sabzi
Simla Mirch Aloo Gobi Sabzi
- 2 cups Capsicum (mix of all colours)
- 2 cups Cauliflower Florets
- 2 large Potato
- 1 cup Onions juliennes
- 1 cup Tomato chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1.5 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 3/4 tsp Cumin Powder
- Salt to taste
- A pinch Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 3/4 tsp Kitchen King Masala
- Coriander Leaves
- 2 tsp Cooking Oil
How to make Simla Mirch Aloo Gobi Sabzi
- Chop all vegetables and keep it aside.
- Clean the cauliflower and microwave for 5 mins with a pinch of salt and turmeric powder.
- Heat a nonstick pan with cooking oil, add the bay leaf and cumin seeds, sauté, then add onions juliennes and sauté for couple of minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste and stir till everything is combined.
- Now, add the potatoes and simmer. Next, add the tomatoes, chopped capsicums. Add salt and turmeric powder.
- Remove lid and add the drained cauliflower.
- Add all the spice powders and cover with lid to cook for 5 mins.
- Continue stirring and cooking for 10 more mins, finally garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- If you want, you can add 1/2 cup water, else let the vegetables cook on steam.
- Serve with chapatis.