|Aloo Anardana Kulcha|
Making the Stuffings:
Making the Kulchas:
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Resting Time : 1 hour min
Making time : 3 -4 mins per piece
Makes : 15 - 18 kulchas
To all my ICC members, please link your post to Mr. Linky.
Aloo Anardana Kulcha
For the Kulchas outer layer
- 4 cups Maida / All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 cup Curds / Yogurt
- 2 tsp Ghee
- 1 cup Milk appr
- 2 tsp Cooking Oil
For the Aloo Anardana Filling
- 2 medium Potato boiled, grated
- 1 tbsp Pomegranate Seeds (anardana), roasted and coarsely powdered
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 medium Onion roasted
- 1/4 cup Fresh Coriander Leaves chopped
- 8-10 leaf Fresh Mint (pudina), chopped
- 1 tsp Green Chilli Paste 1 long appro
- 3/4 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin Powder roasted
- 3/4 tsp Onion Seeds / Kalonji
How to make the Outer layer for the Kulchas
- In a wide bowl, sift the flour with soda, baking powder, salt. Gradually mix in the curds, and ghee. Rub well. Then, slowly add the milk and knead to a soft dough. Cover with a a damp cloth and rest the dough for 30 minutes.
- Beat down again, mix in a tsp of cooking oil and cover again. Let it rest for 30 mins more.
- Divide the dough into six to eight equal portions and form them into smooth balls.
For making the Stuffing
- Wash and mark the potatoes. Microwave the for 10 mins. Once cooled down, peel and mash well.
- Heat a pan with cooking oil, roast the onions to brown.
- In a bowl, add the mashed potatoes, onions, coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chillies, anardana powder, red chilli powder, add little kalonji, roasted cumin powder and salt to taste.
- Divide the aloo mixture into equal portions and set aside.
Making the Kulchas
- Flatten a portion of dough, place a portion of the potato mixture in the centre and fold the edges over to form a ball.
- Place the stuffed ball on a lightly floured surface and roll gently into a disc of four to five inch diameter.
- Brush lightly with a little of oil, sprinkle some onion seeds on the surface and press with your palm.
- Similarly make the remaining kulchas.
- Place the kulchas on hot tawa, cook on both sides.
- If you want to bake, place the rolled out kulchas on the greased baking tray and bake in a preheated oven for about six to eight minutes.
- Brush the hot kulchas with oil and serve immediately.