I have been hard pressed to get an American dish ready for the AWED event hosted by Dhivi. Since the time she announced, I have been looking for a suitable one that would fit my schedule. Because of the Recipe Marathon, I found it really tough to fit in another one to experiment. Then I came across this simple recipe from one the of the sites that Dhivi sent across. I really don't remember which one it was. But I noted the recipe down, I had to get most of the things but they were easy to find and some replaced with what I had. Peddu and Chinnu were keenly observing what I was doing. The moment the clicking was done, they came with plates to taste the macroni.
Though Chinnu didn't like it, Peddu liked and went on to complete the plate. Looks like both of them have different tastes. This does get done in minutes if you are doing it in Microwave. Yes I have an entry waiting for my event MEC themed on Cheese and hosted by Pavani this Month.
I am giving both the original recipe and what I have modified for reference.
Creamy 4 Cheese Macaroni
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 2 2/3 cup Milk Low Fat 1%
- 3/4 cup Fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 oz Processed American cheese
- 6 c Macaroni
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 c Melba toast -- onion flvr : crushed I used regular one
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Take the Macroni in a bowl of water and micro for 5 mins or till its well cooked.
- Place flour in microwave pan, add milk stirring until blended. Cook for 2 mins.
- Add cheeses, micro for 2 min or until cheese melts. remove from heat.
- Stir in macaroni and salt. Spoon mixture into another mw pan and coated. Combine crushed toasts and butter in a small bowl; stir until well blended.
- Sprinkle over macaroni bake 3 min until bubbly.