Microwave Grilled Sandwich is cooked in Microwave Convection Oven, using combo mode of Grill and Microwave. The filling is completely cooked in Microwave mode and the bread is toasted on the grill mode. The final sandwich is not as crispy as you will get in a stovetop pan, however, very convenient if you have to depend on a Microwave Oven.
The current fancy for Konda is bread. While a couple of years back it was Dosa any time of the day, the last two years it has been bread. She can eat anything with bread and anytime. That leaves me trying out the different combination. This grilled sandwich is something I made for her breakfast. It gets done quickly. Of course on a stove top, it is much quicker. But the ease of Microwave is different!
I made the stuffing with simple onions, tomatoes, and capsicum in the microwave. Grilled the bread in the grill mode.
Chop all the vegetables as juliennes.
In a microwave safe bowl, add oil
Add all the vegetables along with salt. Micro for 5 mins
Then remove, stir well, add red chili powder.
Micro again for 5 mins
Check if a lot of moisture is released. If so, micro for another 5 mins.
Spread the butter on both sides, grill for 2 mins each side
Scoop the stuffing and place on top of one grilled bread.
Press the other bread over the stuffing. Press firmly and grill again for 2 mins.
Pin This for Later!
Microwave Grilled Sandwich
For Toasting the Bread
- 8 Bread Slices
- 2 tsp Butter
For the Filling
- 1 cup Onions
- 1 cup Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Capsicum
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilli Powder as per taste
- 1 tsp Cooking Oil
How to make Microwave Grilled Sandwich
- In a microwave safe bowl, take all the finely chopped vegetables. Microwave for 10 mins. Once done, check for water. If it has more moisture, microwave for 5 more mins.
- For grilling the slices, change to grill mode. Spread the butter on both sides of the bread. Grill for 2 mins on one side. Then, flip to the other side for 2 more mins.
- Once the slices are grilled well, place the stuffing on one side, press the other slice over it. Grill again for 2 mins.
- Serve small bite size sandwiches with tomato sauce.