Secret Ingredient Chocolate Truffle had my kids licking their fingers and didn't know it had mashed potato as the secret ingredient. I never revealed to the boys, however, when Konda knew, her eyes literally popped out. She said she couldn't make it out.
I said that was the idea as the theme for this week's BM#78 was Secret Ingredient and I had to come up with some surprise unexpected ingredient in a regular dish. I got inspired to use mashed potato from here.
I just used the mashed potato idea and made a truffle with what I had. I have a packet of milk powder that needs to be used up, so thought of using it in this recipe.
Made this over the weekend and it almost got over. I saved some for their school's snack. Do make this and enjoy the surprise when you reveal this to your kids!
Step by Step Pictures for making the secret ingredient chocolate truffle.
Secret Ingredient Chocolate Truffle
For the Truffle Inner Layer
- 2 cups Milk Powder
- 1/2 cup White Milk Chocolate Compound
- 1/2 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Potato mashed
For the Truffle Outer Layer
- 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Microwave Potatoes for 4 mins, soak in water and peel the skin. Mash with a fork to a fine paste.
- Microwave the white milk chocolate for a minute, whisk well with a spatula, add the mashed potatoes.
- Next, add the milk powder and blend well.
- Add the dark chocolate chips and mix well.
- Next, add semi sweet chocolate chips and mix gently.
- Make bite size balls and refrigerate for 15 mins.
- Melt the Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips for a minute.
- Dip the balls in the chocolate and refrigerate again for 30 mins.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM