Vegan Gajar Ka Halwa is a quick carrot halwa made with minced carrot in a pressure cooker for an instant dessert.
This Vegan Gajar Ka Halwa was part of the Mega BM that will be featured soon and while preparing the thali, I couldn't decide on a quick dessert. Since I had many different versions of carrot halwa, like the traditional Carrot halwa, Microwave Carrot Halwa, I decided to make a vegan version and a quick one on that!
We have always thought carrot halwa is tough as we have to grate the carrots. I have previously made this carrot halwa in the pressure cooker for a quick dessert. This time I went one step forward and did away with grating the carrots.
The carrots are chopped and pulsed a couple of times to get a mince. Once it is pressure cooked, you have this sweet done in minutes.
For the final day of making "Sweets with Vegetables," I have this delicious sweet made the easy way!
Since I had coconut milk on hand, I decided to make this a vegan sweet. However, you can simply use regular milk if you don't have coconut milk and yet want to make a quick sweet.
So if you decide to use regular milk, you can also use condensed milk to do away with sugar. The whole mixture is cooked on low flame. Add finely chopped nuts and you won't miss the ghee at all.
PIN This for later!
Vegan Gajar Ka Halwa
- 1 cup Carrot chopped and pulsed
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 2 cups Coconut Milk
- Wash and chop the carrots
- Take the carrots in a mixer jar and pulse it a couple of times until you get a nicely minced carrot.
- Pressure cook the carrots along with water and sugar for 2 whistles.
- Once the pressure falls down, transfer to a bowl and cook on high for the water to evaporate.
- Then add the thick coconut milk and cook till the whole mixture comes together.
- Garnish with chopped nuts.