Hariyali Saat Dhan ki Roti as the name says is a flatbread made with greens and different grains that make this a very healthy roti. This roti is quite healthy and filling for a breakfast option. This can be enjoyed as such too.
When it was the turn to select a dish for H, the only dish I had written down was Handvo. This list was prepared much before doing my different Handvo like the Baked Handvo, Tawa Handvo. So I practically didn't have a clue on what to make.
Naturally, I turn to Vaishali for ideas and she suggested I make her Hariyali Saat Dhan Ki Roti, which was something one can easily make. Of course, you need to have different flour on hand. As I mostly stock these always, it was very simple and easy for me to make this roti.
I have fresh spinach from my pot so I only had to get methi and combining all three greens made this very healthy roti. Nothing like including homegrown greens, my spinach plant is so fresh and the leaves so tender. I must plan to plant some methi soon. On the whole, including all the flour gives you a variety to enjoy. One can just serve these rotis with just pickle and curds since I had made dal and aloo, I served it with this.
So for H in the A to Z Indian Breakfast Dishes, it is Hariyali Saat Dhan ki Roti.
PIN this for Later!
Step By Step Pictures
Hariyali Saat Dhan ki Roti
These seven different grains included in making this roti is a healthy dish where we add some green leaves to make it more nutritious. Make these for a power-packed breakfast dish.
Pick and wash the greens well. Let it drain well.
Take all the ingredients in a wide bowl and mix well.
Now slowly add warm water to knead to a soft dough. Let it rest for 5 mins.
Divide the dough into equal portions.
Dust well and roll out each portion into a 4-5” diameter disc using flour to roll the paratha.
Cook each paratha over a hot tawa using ghee till both sides are golden brown in colour.
Serve hot with a side dish.
Hariyali Saat Dhan ki Roti
- 3 tbsp Wheat Flour
- 3 tbsp Jowar Flour
- 3 tbsp Bajra Flour
- 3 tbsp Ragi Flour
- 3 tbsp Besan
- 3 tbsp Maize Flour
- 3 tbsp Rice Flour
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seeds pounded
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2-3 Green Chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Spinach finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Fenugreek Leaves finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 4 tbsp Curds
- 1 tsp Cooking Oil
- Salt to taste
- Ghee as required for cooking the rotis.
- Pick and wash the greens well. Let it drain well.
- Take all the ingredients in a wide bowl and mix well.
- Now slowly add warm water to knead to a soft dough. Let it rest for 5 mins.
- Divide the dough into equal portions.
- Dust well and roll out each portion into a 4-5” diameter disc using flour to roll the paratha.
- Cook each paratha over a hot tawa using ghee till both sides are golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot with a side dish.
This was part of the A to Z Indian Breakfast series I did, do check for the entire roundup of A to Z Indian Breakfast dishes.
If you are looking for different options for Indian Breakfast like pooris and feel adventurous about making it in alphabets, check out the entire collection of A to Z Indian Pooris.