For the final day of travel food, I wanted to share the most delicious treat one can think about! The Ultimate Chocolate! Can you imagine the excitement this created at home, when I was making this? Since I always have Konda complaining that I hardly let her do the actual cooking, I decided I would let her do this. She was helping with clicking the pictures and then helped in stirring this.
I guess I made a judgmental error in the final touch up as she was slow in doing that. The butter should not actually get cooked, however even if it is not cooked, one should be very quick to stir it. After setting the butter was seen on top. Not that it ever mattered to my kids or others who ate this. There is nothing more tempting a soul than a stirring the molten glossy chocolate! And Konda was going aww, ohhh with every stir. I was sure if I wasn’t around, she might have licked it right away, never bothering to set it.
I made this quite late at night and set it in fridge. I wanted to make sure I sliced into little moulds and click pictures before it was attacked. These reminded me of those homemade chocolates one gets in Ooty and Kodaikanal. Those tastes so good with loads of nuts and so very chocolaty.
During our tours, it mostly were savory snacks that Amma would pack. However if she plans to carry sweets, she used to make Coconut Barfi, Kajas. For a change, with changing times, these delicious chocolate fudge makes the perfect treat when you are travelling. Especially now that we hardly travel by train and it’s mostly road journeys, with me solely incharge of giving the snacks. I have a big program all planned, with cups, covers and what not. We try to keep the kids occupied by non stop snacks being passed on every now and then.
Nothing interests them more than chocolates, of course. And these were such delicious ones. You must try for sure.
Other Chocolate dishes that you can try:
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 36
Microwave Chocolate Fudge
- 200 gms Chocolate Compound
- 100 gms Dark Chocolate roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Condensed Milk
- 2 tsp Butter
How to make Microwave Dark Chocolate Fudge
- Line a 8 × 8 inch square dish with baking paper and keep it aside.
- In a Microwave safe bowl, take the roughly chopped chocolates and microwave for a minute. Remove and whisk well.
- Add the condensed milk, butter and again microwave for 30 secs. Whisk and quickly microwave again for 30 secs.
- Don't let it get cooked; the mixture comes together when you whisk it well.
- Immediately pour into the prepared tray and flatten the surface with the back of a spoon and put it in the fridge for a few hours to set.
- When set, cut into cubes and enjoy!
Store in an air-tight container for up to 1 month. Do not freeze.