Paneer Ghee Roast is a spicy delicious snack made with homemade paneer in a spicy masala. You only need about 15 to 20 mins to make this lip smacking snack.
Ghee roast is a popular version using different meat, however, for vegetarian paneer makes the best option. We make different ghee roast with meat and kids love it. So I thought I could make a similar version with paneer.
Homemade Paneer gives the best taste as it is soft and soaks up the masala. I had made this ghee roast when we had excess homemade paneer on hand and thought kids would love it. Needless to say, this was such a hit with all at home.
I am starting BM#113 with week 2 on some Protein rich dishes and I decided to make with Paneer for this week. While we make Paneer Butter Masala every week, there are some snacks that are made occasionally too like these Paneer 65, Chili Paneer.
I had made this along with Moong Dal Makhani and it was a feast on the whole.
Step By Step Pictures to make Paneer Ghee Roast
Ingredients Used to make this Ghee Roast
Make a paste of the onions for the base.
You can go ahead with regular red chili powder or you can make a paste from soaked and ground dry red chilies.
Curd balances the roast with the spices and finally adding a tbsp ghee will make this paneer roast a wonderful snack to enjoy.
You can make this part of your meal or you can make it for an evening snack. Either way, this is a sinful dish to enjoy!
PIN This for Later!
Paneer Ghee Roast
- 1 cup Paneer
- 3 tsp Ghee
- 1/2 cup Onion Paste
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Curds / Yogurt
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Powder
- A Pinch Turmeric powder
- A Pinch Garam Masala
- Handful Coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp Water
- Heat a nonstick pan with 2 tbsp ghee and roast the paneer cubes until it turns golden. Remove to a bowl.
- To the same pan, add the onion paste, ginger garlic paste and cook for few minutes.
- When the masala is well cooked and oil comes out on the sides, which takes about 2 to 3 minutes, add all the spices along with salt.
- Cook on high and mix well. Add curds and 2 tbsp water and simmer till the mix is well cooked and smooth.
- Now add the roasted paneer and toss well.
- Cook on high flame until all the masala coats the paneer well, add the remaining tbps of ghee and finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.