Rice Stuffed Mirchi Bajji is a twist to the regular Mirchi Bajji or for that matter, a stuffed bajji. We are familiar with Potato Masala stuffed Mirchi Bajji, I wanted to try something different and wanted to make use of the leftover rice. So this got done.
I have picked up to make One ingredient, three different courses. When I picked up this theme, it was a previous BM Theme, where I had given 3 sets of courses and one had to do One ingredient One Set. In my haste, I didn’t really look into the courses I was mentioning and that explains why I have a starter, as well as Finger Food.
Well if one is smart, one can twist with it and do this theme. I am sure my BM buddies will be able to overcome to that clause. On my part, I decided to pick Rice as the ingredient and make three different dishes. For Day 1, it is going to be snacks.
Amma got these Green Chillies from Hyderabad and I was itching to make Mirchi Ka Salan. However, the urge to make Mirapakaya Bajji was more and I have ended up using the entire lot for this bajjis itself. Looks like the Mirchi Ka Salan has to wait.
Coming to this recipe, leftover rice is used to make the stuffing. I have used Aloo Masala that had spices, and onions. It was a stuffing for the sandwich and little bit was leftover. So the entire recipe is based on leftover stuff and I must say it’s a good way to use up things. I mostly never deal with leftover food.
Other Stuffed Chilies that you can enjoy are these
Rice Stuffed Mirchi Bajji
For the Green Chillies
- 4 long Green Chilies
- 2 tbsp Cooked Rice
- 2 tbsp Aloo Masala
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
For the outer layer
- 1/2 cup Besan
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder
- A pinch Cooking Soda
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
For the Bajjis
- Mix cumin powder and salt. Rub this mix into the chilies.
- Combine the cooked rice with the aloo masala and adjust spice if required.
- Mix the besan with salt, cooking soda and red chilli with just enough water to make a thick batter.
- Drain on a kitchen towel and serve with sauce.
For the outer layer
- Fill this into the green chilies.
For frying the bajjis
- Heat a kadai with oil for deep frying
- Dip the stuffed chilies into the besan batter and drop into hot oil and cook on all sides.
- Serve hot with sauce