Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 44
West African Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups Milk
- 3/4 cup Dark Chocolate chopped (at least 80% cocoa solids)
- 1 tsp Honey
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2" inch Cinnamon Stick
- 2 tbsp Dark Rum optional, and add to your own taste (I didn't use)
How to make West African Hot Chocolate
- In a thick bottom pan, bring milk to boil, add the chopped dark chocolate and stir to melt.
- When the chocolate is completely melted, add the honey sugar and cinnamon stick.
- Heat gently, and keep stirring constantly. When the drink becomes little more thick, add the vanilla and rum if you are adding at this stage.
- You can switch off when little bubbles form all the way around the sides of the pan.
- Allow to cool a bit, remove the cinnamon stick, pour into serving mugs and serve.
- Cinnamon gives a different twist to this chocolate drink and honey with brown sugar makes it more thick. Adjust the sweetness to taste before serving.
- You could even top this drink with whipped cream before serving.
- When it becomes cold, it tends to become more dense, more like a thick sauce, warm it again if you want a hot drink.