For today's lunch box it was a delicious Aloo Roast Rice. Making this was really so simple that I was thinking about why I never thought of it before. After making Chana Rice, I thought I should make use of Pav Baji masala. I remembered that Pav Bhaji in Sandwich really made such a difference to the taste.
As usual cooking potatoes in the microwave are such an easy taste that I get so upset when someone says they use a pressure cooker for boiling potatoes. Anyway coming to the dish, I was really happy that Konda liked this one a lot and said it was spicy enough for her.
This is part of the Back to School Recipes I cooked for Konda.
Step by Step Pictures for making Aloo Rice
Aloo Rice ~ Easy Kids Lunchbox Recipe
- 1 cup Cooked Rice
- 1 big Potato
- 1/2 medium Onion
- 1/4 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/4 tsp Pav Bhaji Masala
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- A Pinch Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Ghee
- Kasuri Methi handful
- Coriander Leaves handful
- Have precooked rice ready.
- Wash and make marks on the potatoes, microwave for 6 mins. Once done, add water and peel the skin.
- Heat a pan with cooking oil, saute the onion juliennes till it turns brown. Add ginger garlic paste and saute till it’s cooked.
- Then, add the boiled potatoes and roast well. Sprinkle the salt, pav bhaji masala, turmeric powder and red chili powder. Simmer till the potatoes absorb the masalas.
- Finally, add the rice and combine everything well. Simmer again and saute for a couple of mins, sprinkle the Kasuri methi and coriander leaves.
- Just before removing the rice, add ghee if your kid likes it.