Moist Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe is the basic Chocolate Cake made with a mix of Cooking Oil and curds without using butter. This entire recipe comes together very quickly and makes any occasion a grand event.
If you want to know how this cake came about, it was because Konda was bored. She wanted to do something. She is still on summer vacation. My collection of books came down from the loft. However, she suddenly felt she had to make some cake. She asked what cake I want and obviously, I said a chocolate cake.
She picked up a recipe to bake. Through the entire process, she was on phone with me. She made sure she got all her doubts clarified. After that, she did everything by herself. I was so glad the cake was waiting for me when I went home in the evening.
The cake rose so beautifully well. A small portion was a little burnt and turned slightly hard. The other part of the cake was so moist and nicely done. For the ganache, she decided on a basic chocolate ganache. I simply got both cream and chocolate melted and made it in Microwave.
She was only too willing that I wanted to share this as part of Mother's day Special dishes.
I will be sharing some dishes that were part of our Mother's Day Special.
P.S: I have given up cross-checking if I already have this recipe proportion on my sites. So chocolate cakes will come as they come!
PIN This for Later!
Basic Moist Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe
Dry ingredients for the Cake
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Sugar powdered
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Wet ingredients for the Cake
- 1/2 cup Cooking Oil
- 1/2 cup Water Hot
- 1/2 cup Milk cold
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 tbsp Curds / Yogurt
For the Chocolate Ganache
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Compound
- 1 cup Cream
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 C. Grease a baking tin with some vegetable oil.
For the Dry ingredients:
- In a bowl sift together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Keep aside.
For the Wet ingredients:
- In a bowl whisk together 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup hot water till well blended. Let it cool down a bit.
- Once done add the milk and vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Add the curds and mix well.
- Now gradually pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk them together.
- Pour it into a greased 6 inch tall tin.
- Bake it for 35-40 minutes at 160 degrees C or till the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once the cake is cooled down, frost some chocolate ganache/ sauce and decorate with sprinkles.
For the Chocolate Ganache
- Melt the chopped chocolate with cream in microwave until well combined.
- Whisk well and let it set.