Basic Eggless Chocolate Cake is the simplest one you can make when trying out eggless cakes. This uses oil instead of butter and it makes it best to refrigerate and frost later.
I have some similar recipes for eggless basic versions but I went ahead made it exactly like what Gayathri baked for our workshop. The Dark Ganache she packed for me also prompted me to recreate the same at home. Kids were so thrilled seeing how dark and sinful this cake looked.
I baked in the 6" baking tray that Veena sent to me. The reason why I am elated is, I lost my 6" tray and have searched the whole house for it. I don't have time to shop right now and imagine it landing straight on your lap! Did I mention that I have been recently adopted? Oh yes, before the other girls rush, let me claim my adopted Mom. I must say I have stiff competition in that area. She is so sweet that everybody wants to be adopted by her. Well, the boss comes first right and the girls know it.
Anyway, I frosted the cake and the kids were so impatient to dig in. I was so happy that the dark chocolate ganache was really superb! Thanks, Gayathri. I still have another one slashed in. I say these are the perks of having baking experts for friends.
Step by Step Pictures for baking Basic Eggless Chocolate Cake
Basic Eggless Chocolate Cake
1 cup Flour
1/3 cup Cocoa
3/4 cup Sugar
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
A pinch Salt
1/2 cup Milk
1/2 cup Olive Oil /Cooking Oil
1/2 cup Curds /Yogurt
1 tsp Instant Coffee powder
1/4 cup Hot Water
Vanilla Essence few drops
In a bowl, take the flour, add sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and mix in all the wet ingredients.
In a bowl, mix the coffee powder with hot water to make a liquid.
Now pour this over the batter.
Finally, add in the baking powder and baking soda.
Gently mix in everything.
Preheat the oven to 185 C.
Line a parchment paper to a 6" Baking tray.
Pour the batter and bake for 45 Mins at 185 C
If you are using either 7" or 8" baking tray, bake for 30 mins and check
When the cake is baked, rest it for 10 mins, cling wrap, and store till frosting.
I used the dark chocolate ganache that Gayathri had made. You can check out the other ganache recipes I have.
Basic Eggless Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- A pinch Salt
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil /Cooking Oil
- 1/2 cup Curds /Yogurt
- 1 tsp Instant Coffee powder
- 1/4 cup Hot Water
- Vanilla Essence few drops
- In a bowl, take the flour, add sugar, cocoa powder, salt and mix in all the wet ingredients.
- In a bowl, mix the coffee powder with hot water to make a liquid.
- Now pour this over the batter.
- Finally, add in the baking powder and baking soda.
- Gently mix in everything.
- Preheat the oven at 185 C.
- Line a parchment paper to a 6" Baking tray.
- Pour the batter and bake for 45 Mins at 185 C
- If you are using either 7" or 8" baking tray, bake for 30 mins and check
- When the cake is baked, rest it for 10 mins, cling wrap and store till frosting.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM