We are starting the second week of BM#49, this week is all about Cheese. When it comes to Cheese, there is no second thinking. In fact, I had planned on elaborate dishes, however as it always happens, when it comes to cheese I have to make simple ones, that my kids would enjoy right away!
The Sunday was quite hectic, what with me cooking up elaborate Weekend Brunch and then some more. So I was almost left with no time when I planned on making this simple, yet addictive snack. When I had seen Veena making Cheese Bread Rings last week, I had to make. I made it more interesting with a whole lot of cheese layer being sandwiched. What I made wasn't enough and I promised to make more.
Try these for a quick and simple cheesy treat for kids. This gets done in flat 15 mins.
Cheese Ring Toasts
Cheese Ring Toasts ~ Easy Cheesy Treat for Kids
- 4 Bread Slices
- 1/2 cup Cheese grated (Mozzarella, Cheddar Cheese, Processed Cheese)
- 1/2 cup Capsicum
- 1/2 cup Onions
- Italian Seasoning as required
- Table Butter as required
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Hot and Spicy Sauce (use regular ketchup as well)
How to make the Cheese Ring Toasts
- Heat a tawa and grease with butter. Using a cookie cutter, press on one bread slice to cut out a bigger circle. Using a smaller circle, press on the second bread. The second bread slice will have the outer circle done with an inner circle as well. This will give you a ring.
- Toast it well till crispy with butter.
- Make the stuffing by sautéing the chopped vegetables in olive oil and season with Italian seasoning.
- On the first circle, spread the sauce, then top it with grated cheese. Place the second ring on it, in the hole in centre, place the stuffing, top it with more grated cheese.
- Microwave for 30 secs and serve hot.