Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#51
Chocolate Scones Recipe
- 1 & 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 & 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- A Pinch Salt
- 1 tbsp Egg Replacer mixed with 3 tbsp Water
- 2/3 cup Milk (I used only half)
How to make Chocolate Scones
- Pre-heat the oven at 185 C and line a parchment paper over a baking tray.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg replacer with water and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt. Then, add the butter and crumble well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and combine everything together and add milk slowly.
- The dough should be little stiff, you can roll it again with little flour and shape it as circle. I made small discs and made mini scones.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until they are firm around the edges but a bit soft in the center. A toothpick inserted into the center of a scone will come out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Since the regular scones seem to be very huge, I decided to make smaller ones and my kids enjoyed it so much. I really can't think how this is served for breakfast as it's quite sweet. This serves best as snacks for kids.
- When adding milk ensure you do it little by little, instead of dumping the entire quantity. I used only half of the mentioned amount.