While my other weeks dishes will surely fall under quick breads, I clubbed those quick breads under different sub themes based on my own requirements. For quick breads include cakes, brownies and cookies. Any bread that is leavened with leavening agents other than yeast or eggs are classified as Quick Breads.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#51
Chocolate Chip Scones
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- A Pinch Salt
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chip
- 1/4 cup Milk
How to make Chocolate chip Scones
- Pre-heat the oven at 185 C. Line a baking tray with butter paper. Keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, take the the flour in a bowl, add sugar, baking powder, soda along with butter. Mix well.
- Then, add the chocolate chips and combine together. Add the milk and pat down the dough on the lined tray.
- Cut out the individual scones using the cookie slicer and bake in a pre-heated oven for 20 mins.
- Let it cool and serve with tea.
- After mixing the chocolate chips, the cake turned brown colour after baking. The texture was more cake like than the scone like.
- The scones are supposed dusted with flour and sliced as scone shapes using the cookie slicer.