Dark Chocolate Truffle with Dulce de Leche is a sinful chocolate treat you can make with just 2 ingredients. I had this planned for 3 Ingredients by also including Nutella in the stuffing. When I came across the 3 Ingredient Oreo Fudge, I decided to make it and also keep this recipe very simple.
I have a tin of Dulce de Leche lying around, that can be easily consumed as such. I have resisted the indulge and have stocked it to be used in different ways. So while thinking of recipes that are quick to make, I thought I could make some truffles that have Dulce de Leche stuffed.
There are a couple of things I should have done. I should have made small balls of Dulce De Leche and frozen it. Then fill the mold only to half instead of 3/4 I did. Also, I should have cleaned up the top to have made a clean pretty looking truffle instead of the mess it ended up. I blame on the early morning venture of course, though it is no excuse but pure carelessness. I thought I could do it later.
When I roll out a bob and dropped on top, everything came out. So you see I ended up with truffles that were bursting out of the molds. If you are not particular about how it looks, my kids are not, you can still go ahead and make it as how I did. Else have some patience and spend some time beautifying these truffles, it is really worth it!
Step by Step Pictures
Dark Chocolate Truffle with Dulce de Leche
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Compound
- 1/4 cup Dulce de Leche
- Chop the Dark Chocolate compound and microwave for a minute.
- Then, temper well using a spatula till you get a shiny dark chocolate liquid.
- Wipe the molds clean and pour to 1/2 its shape.
- For better filling, make out small balls of Dulce de leche and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Push the Dulce de Leche into the dark chocolate and again cover it with remaining chocolate
- Freeze for 30 minutes.