Roti Nachos Recipe or Leftover Chapati Nacho Chips is a fusion dish topped with Roasted Veggies, Chickpea, and melted Cheese. This makes a sinful easy snack for your kids.
You can use leftover rotis or chapatis to make this Roti Nachos Recipe. Simply saute vegetables with any lentils or beans on hand to make a healthy topping for these nachos.
When planning for my Fusion platter, the plan was to create dishes with roti as it will be so useful to make new dishes with rotis, fresh or leftover either way.
As you can imagine the entire platter was a total hit and the kids enjoyed it so much!
Ingredients needed for Roti Nachos Recipe
I have used wheat rotis in this recipe, with a topping with cheese, masala chickpea, and roasted vegetables. As it was a platter that I planned, I made a huge batch of roasted vegetables, masala chickpeas, paneer. It was a mix and match of ingredients.
Nacho Chips - Use wheat roti for chips. You can practically use any flour rotis.
Roasted Vegetables - To make this more healthy, top with different roasted vegetables.
Chickpea - For protein, you can add paneer or chickpea. I had Masala chickpea on hand and topped it with chickpeas.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Instructions to follow
If you are planning to make these roti nachos, it surely helps if you make extra rotis ahead to save time.
Leftover rotis can be best dressed up as these Nacho Chips and you can simply use your creative ideas to make the toppings as interesting as you can.
Cut the rotis into triangles, deep fry until crispy. Continue with the entire batch, transfer to a bowl.
I have used different coloured capsicum on this. So you can roast the vegetables in oil, add spice powders and seasoning to flavour them.
Use a combination of cheese like Mozeralla and Chedder for a yummy taste.
When ready to serve, add the roasted vegetables over it, top with masala Chickpea, cheese, and microwave for a minute for the cheese to melt.
Serve right away.
Substitutions you can make to Roti Nachos Recipe
If you want to make this vegan if using paneer, you can use roasted Tofu.
I have roasted the vegetables with red chili flakes and seasonings. You can even make a gravy with spices and drizzle it over the fried nachos.
Variations you can try!
Instead of deep-frying the roti chips, you can opt for baking them. Slightly coat the rotis with oil, bake it for 10 mins at 180C. Or microwave in intervals of a minute for the rotis to get crispy.
How to Store these Leftover Chapati Nacho Chips
You can store the roasted vegetables and rotis in the fridge until use. However, baking it just before serving makes this good.
Other Fusion Dishes you'll love!
Roti Nachos Recipe | Leftover Chapati Nacho Chips
- 4 Rotis cut into triangles
- 1 cup Roasted Vegetables use capsicum, onions
- 1 teaspoon Cooking Oil
- Red Chili Powder as required
- Red Chili Flakes as required
- Sal to taste
- 1 cup Masala Chickpea
- 1 cup Cheese I have used Mozeralla and Chedder in equal
- Cooking Oil for deep frying
- Cut the rotis into triangles and deep fry until crispy.
- For roasted vegetables, heat a pan with oil, saute the vegetables until done, sprinkle the spice powders, keep it aside.
- Grate the cheese and keep it aside.
- I simply used the chickpea from the Chana Masala I had, you can use any masala lentil handy or replace it with roasted paneer.
For assembling Roti Nachos
- On the serving plate, assemble the fried nachos,
- Top it with roasted vegetables.
- Next layer with the masala chickpea
- Finally, top with grated cheese
- Microwave for a minute or until cheese melts.
- Serve right away!