Vellarikka - Cucumber Pachadi Recipe
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM
Vellarikka Pachadi | Kerala Style Cucumber Salad
- 1 cup Cucumber / Vellarikka, diced into tiny pieces
- 1" Ginger finely chopped
- 3 Green Chillies
- 1 cup Coconut Grated
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 cup Curd Plain Sour
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Cooking Oil
How to make Vellarikka Pachadi - Cucumber Pachadi
- Cook the chopped cucumber with salt, adding little water till it turn to soft.
- Grind the grated coconut, green chillies, ginger and 1/2 tsp mustard seeds into a smooth paste with 1/4 cup yogurt.
- Add the coconut paste to the cooked cucumber and cook over low flame. Allow to cool and add the rest of the yogurt and set it aside.
- Heat cooking oil for tempering in a small pan and add the curry leaves, mustard seeds, when the mustard seeds start popping, add it to the pachadi and mix well.
- Serve with steamed rice and enjoy!
If you are looking for some more dishes, you can check Ulli Theeyal, yet another delicious Sadya dish.