Sindhi Aloo Roast is a sinful deep-fried potato dish made with basic spice powders, yet tastes out of the world when served with rice dishes.
I made this Aloo Roast as a side dish for Methi Matar wara Chawaran for the April Biryani/Pulao Festival. Vaishali made this when she had come down to help me with cooking some of the dishes and it was so much fun!
Though this roast is super simple and easy to make, the method used to make this makes all the difference. I don't prefer plain potato we add to the gravy. However, off late, I have developed a love for deep-fried potato roast. This is the most sought and brought side dish at the office too.
Seeing how they make this Roast, I knew why it is so popular. They cook the cubed potatoes in lots of oil. The process is almost like deep frying. Remove the excess oil, add the spice powders to it. I would surely say that kids will love this dish.
We are doing BM#101, Week 1 and I am doing 1 Ingredient, 3 dishes, and Potato was my choice!
PIN This for Later!
Step By Step for making Sindhi Aloo Roast
Sindhi Aloo Roast
In a nonstick pan, heat the oil and add peeled cubed potatoes.
Cover with a lid and let it cook for 10 mins on low flame.
Cook it until fork tender by stirring the potato in intervals.
Once the potatoes are cooked, carefully drain the excess oil from the pan and leave just about enough oil for the spice powders to get absorbed.
Add all the spice powders and salt, combine well and let it simmer for another 5 to 7 mins.
Serve with Methi Matar wara Chawaran
Sindhi Aloo Roast
- 1 cup Potato
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 3/4 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 cup Cooking Oil
- In a nonstick pan, heat the oil and add peeled cubed potatoes.
- Cover with a lid and let it cook for 10 mins in low flame.
- Keep stirring in intervals until the potato is well cooked, it should be fork tender.
- Drain the excess oil from the pan and leave just about enough oil for the spice powders to get absorbed.
- Add all the spice powders and salt, combine well and let it simmer for another 5 to 7 mins.
- Serve with Methi Matar wara Chawaran
Sindhi Aloo Roast is a super delicious side dish for rice.