Wheat Rava Dosa is an instant crispy dosa. You only need 10 minutes to prepare the batter and another few minutes to make this instant Dosa. Make thin lacy, crispy dosa with the goodness of wheat and semolina together.
Dosas are a very popular and frequently made dish in most South Indian homes. We also have a huge list of dosas that we make at home. Some that we have experimented with inspiration, many of our own ideas. The batter varies from fermented to instant versions, where all you have to do is simply mix the ingredients and your batter is ready.
We always have the dosa batter stocked, it always comes in handy. When kids were younger, they used to love having Dosas more. These days they are interested in other dishes and Dosas has taken a backseat for them. However, the elders still continue having these dosas on the menu.
Planning for A to Z Indian Breakfast Dishes:
When I planning to finalize the list for the AtoZ Indian Breakfast Dishes, I wanted to make sure I included dishes from all states, meeting my alphabet requirement plus the fact that the recipe should be easy to make.
I almost didn't want to include dosas as I already have a 101 Dosa Collection and would love to improve the list of Dosa Varieties as such. However, given the fact that W is a tough choice, I resorted to having dosa included as instant dosa with wheat flour is very easy.
I already have the basic wheat flour dosa which has always been my childhood favorite. Apart from that, I have a Wheat Flour Urad Dal Dosa or this Visiri Dosai which is a mix of all flours and is instant too. I wanted to include Rava and make it crispy like the Rava Dosa we make.
Some more collection for you to read and enjoy!
So, I think I have covered all the different versions one might do with wheat flour. However, I remember seeing some more recipes noted down in my files. For now, enjoy this quick version that I had seen in one of those videos I happen to see. I served this crispy dosa with Vathal Chutney, which is a quick chutney with onions, dry red chilis.
PIN This for Later!
Step By Step Pictures for making Wheat Rava Dosa
Wheat Rava Dosa ~ A to Z Indian Breakfast Dishes
- 1.5 cups Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Semolina / Rava
- 1/4 cup Curds / Yogurt
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups Water or as required
How to make Wheat Rava Dosa
- In a bowl, take the wheat flour, rava, salt, and curds.
- Start with one cup of water and mix well. There should not be any lumps.
- Continue adding water to get the right pouring consistency.
- To make sure your batter doesn't have curd lumps, you can mix or blend in a mixer.
- There is no need to rest this batter and you can make the dosas right away.
- Serve with a spicy chutney like the dry chili chutney I had served it with.
- You can take all the ingredients directly into a mixer and blend the batter.
- Don't let the batter rest for long as the dosas will end up becoming soggy.
- As it stands for longer, the semolina will absorb water and the batter becomes thick.